TRICARE Supplement, TRICARE Reserve Select and CHAMPVA

TRICARE Eligbility

TRICARE is a health benefit program for all seven uniformed services:

  • Army
  • Navy
  • Marine Corps
  • Air Force
  • Coast Guard
  • Public Health Service
  • National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

To use TRICARE, you must be listed in DEERS as being eligible for military health care benefits. If you don't find answers to your eligibility questions in this section, check with your military service personnel office for specific information.

Verifying and Updating DEERS Information

Sponsors or registered family members may make address changes, however, only the sponsor can add or delete a family member from DEERS, and proper documents are required such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree and/or birth certificate. To update your DEERS information:

  1. Visit your local uniformed services personnel office or contact the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office (DSO) at 1-800-538-9552. You can find the nearest uniformed services personnel office at: http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/.
  2. Fax address changes to DEERS at 1-831-655-8317.
  3. Mail the address change to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office, ATTN: COA, 400 Gigling Road, Seaside, CA 93955-6771.
  4. Go online to TRICARE to update your information: http://www.tricare.osd.mil/deers/.


You are eligible to enroll if you are a TRICARE eligible recipient, under age 65, and entitled to retired (Military), retainer, or equivalent pay. If you are age 65 or over and ineligible for Medicare, you may apply for the plan by attaching a copy of your Social Security Notice of Disallowance of Benefits to your Enrollment Form. If you are:

  • Retirees of the uniformed services, their spouse and unmarried dependent children (under age 21 or 23 if a full-time student)
  • Spouse or surviving spouse of retired military personnel and dependent children under age 21 or 23 if a full-time student.
  • Retired Reservists and National Guard members (gray area retirees) under age 60 and enrolled in TRICARE Retired Reserve (TRR)
  • Spouse and unmarried eligible dependent children (under age 21 or 23 if a full-time student) who are eligible for CHAMPVA


To qualify for this product, you:

  • Must be a member of the selected reserve of the ready reserve
  • Can't be eligible for or enrolled in FEHBP
  • Must be enrolled in TRICARE Reserve Select, Click here to enroll now


CHAMPVA Eligible Spouse: "Spouse" means your spouse who is under age 65 and a CHAMPVA benefits recipient, but not a spouse from whom you are legally separated or divorced. "Spouse" also means widow(er) if he or she is a member of the Participating Organization.

Spouses over age 65 are also eligible if documentation from the Social Security Administration certifying their non-entitlement to Medicare Part A benefits is submitted with their enrollment form.

Eligible dependent and unmarried children under age 18 (23 if a full-time college student) may also enroll.

  • To return to the Home Page Home